[INTERVIEW] Which of these stories of each members are real ?

Translated by GFriend Translate
Please do not edit, copy, repost without credit
2015.03.01
Source: StarQ (Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, YujuSinb, Umji)

Sowon - which story is real?

  1. I have fallen over on a bike and broke my nose in the past
  2. I have been involved in a traffic accident and was severely injured before
  3. I have a unique bone structure that only 1 out of 100 people has.
  4. I have been to North Korea 3 times
The correct answer is number 3. 

1. I have fallen over on a bike and broke my nose in the past
▶ False. It wasn't me. I and saw my sister tripping up the speed bump and broke her nose. So even now, I'm still slightly scared to ride a bike. But compared to actually riding it, I'm more afraid of speed bumps

2. I've been involved in a traffic accident and was severely injured
▶ False. Although I was involved in a traffic accident, but it caused minor injuries. After putting gas at the station, there's a way to a way for cars to go back on to the road. I was walking there but something bumped into my hips and I fell. I then realized that it was a car that bumped into me. Thankfully, the speed of the car wasn't very quick, so I only had minor injuries.

3. I have a unique bone structure that only 1 out of 100 people has
▶ True. When I was a trainee, I was injured a lot of times because of doing the split. So, I went to the hospital. The doctor said that I have a unique bone structure which means I'm naturally inflexible. So, after that, I didn't try doing the splits anymore. In 'Glass Bead', although there's a choreography where we do a high kick, if you look carefully, you can see that when I kick upwards, my other leg will bend.

4. I have been to North Korea 3 times
▶ False. I've been there once, and it was at that time where a North Korean solider shot a South Korean tourist on the beach. There was news about how many tourists are in North Korea and I was in my hotel room in North Korea watching the news. 


Yerin - which story is real?

  1. I have tried to remove the same mole more than 5 times
  2. My favorite color is green
  3. When I was 6, I pulled out a normal tooth
  4. I was underweight when I was born

The correct answer is number 1

1. I have tried to remove the same mole more than 5 times
▶ True. On my leg, there's a mole that's really deep. Although it was my 8th time trying to remove it , the mole is still very apparent and I'm still in process of trying to remove it. It's still not completely removed. I think it might need at least 10 times to actually be removed. 

2. My favorite color is green
▶ False. My favorite color is yellow. I hate green the most. In the past, in an ice cream that I really like, when you eat the middle two flavors together, it will make green ice cream. It doesn't taste nice and I wasn't happy looking at the green. 

3. When I was 6, I pulled out a normal tooth
▶ False. I didn't pull out a tooth that was normal when I was 6 but it was because I fell on a scooter and my face hit the ground. I was taken to the emergency room and had to get 4 front teeth pulled out.

4. I was underweight when I was born
 False. Although I was born a month early, I was a healthy baby. I heard that I had to have two bottles of powdered milk to not cry, and I had to have more meals so that I don't cry


Eunha - which story is real?

  1. I was diagnosed with cancer
  2. I was placed 5th in my school
  3. I was put at the back because of my height until 6th grade
  4. I was on a dance team at a famous shopping mall
The correct answer is number 4

1. I was diagnosed with cancer
▶ False. It wasn't cancer but when I was 7 years old, I was diagnosed with a disease called 'Langerhans cell histiocytosis'. It's a very rare disease where only 1 in 500,000 people will have. Because it is so rare and it is similar to cancer, I was placed in the cancer ward.

2. I was placed 5th in the school
▶ False. In middle school, although I didn't get 5th place, but I was placed 15th in the school. Because I like being with my friends, so I never went to tuition class or the study room. Even my friends and family didn't really believe that I was placed 15th. 

3. I was put at the back because of my height until 6th grade
▶ False. Until 5th grade, I was put at the back because of my height. When I was in elementary school, my height has been growing rapidly at around 10 cm each year. But as I got to middle school, I didn't grow even 1 cm. Now, I'm the same height as when I was graduated 6th grade. My sister is 168 cm and it's quite tall for a woman. And since I was quite tall when I was young, I thought that I'll be able to grow until around 175 cm.

4. I was on the dance team at a famous shopping mall
▶ True. When I was in 3rd grade to 4th grade, a close friend and I joined Myeongdong Migliore's Dance Team. Although I used to do dances like popping and hip pop when I was a kid, but I haven't danced for years so now I can't dance well. 


Yuju - which story is real?

  1. I became the class president 2 days after transferring
  2. I prefer bread compared to rice cake
  3. When I was in middle school, I was mistaken as an elementary student
  4. I have learned figure skating for 3 years
The correct answer is number 1.

1. I became the class president 2 days after transferring school
▶ True. When I was in 2nd grade, I transferred school because we moved to a new house. Although I can't remember the details, but thankfully I was able to meet a lot of friends on my first day. The very next day was the election of class president. I told them my nickname and made everyone laugh so they chose me as the class president.

2. I prefer bread compared to rice cake
▶ False. When I was in 1st year of senior high school, I quit eating food made with flour. I did that for 3 months. There was a time when I bought bread and I started hesitating as to whether I should eat it. When I want to eat bread, I tried to eat rice cakes instead. So, I prefer rice cake compared to bread. On my birthday 2 years ago, my friend gave me a cake made of rice cakes. 

3. When I was in middle school, I was mistaken as an elementary student
▶ False. Actually, when I was in middle school, I was mistaken to be a college student. I used to take the subway a lot. Sometimes guys thought I was a college student and asked for my number. Another time when I was in a singing contest, I crowd of middle age women who came to watch thought I was a college student. 

3. I have learned figure skating for 3 years
▶ False. I've never learnt it even just for 3 days. When I was young, I really wanted to be a figure skater. I watched Kim Yuna's videos hundreds of times and I went to the ice rink alone often to practice. But because my parents were opposed to it, I never started learning it officially. Until this day, I still feel regretful and hope that I can learn it one day.

Sinb - which story is real?
  1. I was the student president when I was in elementary school
  2. I good at watching horror movies compared to others
  3. I have a habitual shoulder dislocation
  4. I can't eat seafood
The correct answer is number 3. 

1. I was the student president when I was in elementary school
▶ False. I wasn't the student president, but I was the vice-president. When I was in elementary school, I liked to stand in front of a crowd of people. Although from 1st to 6th grade, I've never lost my position as the class president, but I was a bit greedier in 6th grade and became the vice president of the school.

2. I good at watching horror movies compared to others
▶ False. I think movies with zombies are bearable, but I can't watch movies about ghosts. I remembered going out to watch a horror movie with my friend for the first time, I found myself holding on to my friend and crying after the movie ended. 

3. I have a habitual shoulder dislocation
▶ True. Maybe because I've started dancing at a young age, my joints are really weak. When I was in elementary school, I was able to make the joints in my shoulder move whenever I wanted to, and I thought I was very special. I often brag about it. But when I got older, I found out that it was habitual shoulder dislocation after examination. If I have an operation, there's an 80% chance that it'll reoccur so I've been doing acupuncture.

4. I can't eat seafood
▶ False. If it's seafood, I can eat it even when I have just wakened up. When I hang out with my friends and if we ask, "What shall we eat", they normally say they want to eat meat, but I always say grilled clams and spicy octopus. And I went to eat sashimi with my family, and I even ate 2kg by myself.


Umji - which story is real?
  1. I had thick double eyelids since I was young
  2. I can't go on trips alone
  3. My siblings and myself are all artistic and athletic
  4. I've never had appendicitis

The correct answer is number 3

1. I had thick double eyelids since I was young
▶ False. When I was a baby, I didn't have double eyelids. When I was in kindergarten, I always ask them "Why does my family members have double eyelids but only I don't." Around 3rd grade, my left eye started to turn into double eyelids I kept having an uneven eye until 5th grade and then even my left eye turned into double eyelids. So, people who saw me when I was young or people who I have not seen me for a long time often mistaken sometimes mistaken me as my sister.

2. I can't go on trips alone
▶ False. I went to America alone during the summer vacation when I was in elementary school. When I arrived in the U.S., my relatives came to collect me, and I stayed at my uncle's house for a month. But at the age of 10, flying alone without my mom and dad was a huge adventure.

3. My siblings and myself are all artistic and athletic
▶ True. My brother is an art student, my sister is a dancer and I am a singer. I'm not sure about my sister, but my brother and I are good at studying. We've heard people say that it was a waste, but our parents have told us to do what we enjoy doing. So, all of us have taken the art and sports path. My brother is majoring in oriental art, my sister is majoring in Korean dance and I am in K-Pop. So, my parents seem proud that we're a family of patriots.

4. I've never had appendicitis
▶ False. When I was in 3rd grade, my brother and I applied to a camp without our parents during winter break. But when we were camping in the forest for 2 nights, I had indigestion from the first night and it was painful. I remembered that I didn't want to go to the hospital initially, but I thought I might die. So, after going to the emergency room, I found out that I had appendicitis and I had to have an operation immediately.

Please note: This article is originally in Korean and was translated to Chinese. I then translated from Chinese to English. Please let me know if there are any errors

Comments