[INTERVIEW] GFriend wants to collab with OOO senior and have a song with a rapper

Translated by GFriend Translate
Please do not edit, copy, or repost with credit
Date: 2017.07.22
Source: KSD

Last Sunday, Hong Kong Buddies must have had an enjoyable night. This is because GFriend held their '2017 GFRIEND Mini Concert in Hong Kong'. Since they are in Hong Kong, we had an interview with them. Let's take a look at what they said ~

Sowon is like an older sister who takes care of each member really well

Q: Although you've been to Hong Kong because of MAMA, but how do you feel about meeting and performing for Buddies at your first concert in Hong Kong ?

Sowon: Because we are using the name of the group to come to Hong Kong and meet Buddies, we feel really happy and excited ! We saw a lot of Buddies welcoming us so passionately at the airport. We were really touched ! So we are also looking forward to the performance on the day and to meet everyone ! (When Yerin heard the leader's answer she shouted: Yeah ! )

Yerin was the mood maker through the entire interview, making the atmosphere very lively and relaxing

Q: Your schedule must be really busy this time in Hong Kong. If you have a chance, where would you want to go or what would you want to eat ?

Umji: I really want to go to Repulse Bay again. Because when I was young, we came to Hong Kong on a family vacation ~ I remember my dad taking me to that place and I remember it being a really beautiful place. So if I have an opportunity, I would want to go again !

Yerin: Disneyland. I really want to go ~

Yuju: I've been to Hong Kong before when I was young. I remember Hong Kong having a lot of unique cafe and restaurants. If I have an opportunity, I want to go with the members !

Eunha: I heard the egg tarts in Hong Kong are really popular. I want to try it !

Eunha was quiet throughout but she looks really cute when she smiles

Q: When you first debuted, you had a innocent image. Now to your 4th mini album title song 'Fingertip', it feels more girl crush. Out of the 2 concepts, which one do you like ? Will you try different concepts in the future ?

Yerin: (eye smile) I actually like both concepts. What concepts do I want to try in the future...um... I bit foolish, feeling like a young girl who is lost (smile)

Q: GFriend often perform with a uniform. If you can participate in a drama or a movie, what kind of uniform do you want to wear and which male actor do you want to work with ?

Sowon: Ah! For me I want to work with Park Hae-jin. He looks really handsome when he wears a uniform !

Other members: It's too difficult to choose only one ~ honestly, we're happy to work with anyone and will try our best!

Although Yuju isn't the oldest in the group, but through speaking to her, we discovered that she is quite a mature lady

Q: From debut to now, all of your title songs have been popular and we can also see that your choreography is very difficult and complicated. How long do you spend preparing each time? Were there any difficulties that you had to overcome ?

Sowon: Yea ~ all of our choreography are quite difficult. So every time we receive a new title song, we spend quite a lot of time preparing and practicing. But maybe because the 6 of us have been together since we were trainees, we have a lot of chemistry. So when we're practicing, let's say moving from one position to the next and etc, it's easy to cooperate. When any of us have any difficulties memorizing the dance moves, we will help each other out.

Although Sinb didn't often speak during the interview, she often teased the members between breaks. When Umji was taking photos, Sinb even made her laugh.

Q : A lot of people know GFriend is '2x speed dance pioneer'. When you finished dancing to it, did you think that the reaction will be this good ? And would you take on an even faster challenge ? Will you be confident with 4x or 5x speed?

Yerin: Actually we only knew about the '2x speed dance' request during the recording so we didn't know from the start. At that time, I was thinking "Can we do it ?" But I never thought that they'll be so many positive reaction with so much love and support.

(When they heard taking on a faster challenge, 4x or 5x speed, they shook their heads and Eunha even showed a X sign)

Sowon: I think dancing at that speed is the human limit. It must be really difficult.

Umji is the youngest but she really speaks well. Sometimes, everyone is surprised by what she says

Q: If you didn't join GFriend or didn't become an idol, what do you see yourself doing ?

Yerin: Wow ~ I never thought of a question like this !

Eunha: I'll work hard to be a GFriend member !

Yuju and Sinb: I think I'll be like people who are the same age, worrying about going to university and future career path. Maybe trying to find part-time jobs and etc.


Q: You've collaborated with a lot of singers before. Recently, is there a singer or a group that you want to work with ?

Umji: Ah ! My personal suggestion - working with senior rappers !

Sinb: Really ? Do you want to ? !

Umji: Yea ~ I think they'll be good spark and will be fun !

Other members immediately said: Heize ! And San E


Q: Your concert is tomorrow, can you reveal what surprises you have planned for Hong Kong Buddies ? Do you have anything that you want to say to them ?

Sowon: Because it's our first concert in  Hong Kong, I hope that we can use this time to communicate with them. If we can, I really want to walk off the stage to see every Buddy and see every one of their faces clearly. We hope in our next concert, we will prepare even better surprises for everyone !

Yuju: I hope everyone would like our performances. We're really thankful for every one of you for coming and giving us love and support ! I hope you will look forward to our next album and performances ~ Thank you


Comments